We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him. We will 'stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places' as we strive to live the Young Women values, which are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation

Integrity Personal Progress Project

The following has been submitted by Rachel Teal (Oldham Ward)...

In May 2006 I set out to complete my integrity project. I would have been 13 at the time, so as I was rather new to young women's I was still eager and finding personal progress lots of fun! (Not that it's not lots of fun ;))



Anyway in the 'my project is' section I wrote:
'finding out more about having personal integrity and being worthy to enter the the temple, then making a booklet with important information in to help me remember to prepare to enter the temple, through personal integrity.'


 


My Plan to carry out my project was:
1) Read general presidency talks on preparing to enter the temple and integrity
2) Study on how to have personal integrity, and the strength of youth booklet
3) Pray that I will have integrity and be worthy to enter the temple
4) Make a booklet to remember the important information through quotes and scriptures'

I then started reading and looking for lots of talks by general authorities about integrity. I would read them and highlight my favourite parts. I then chose to make a little booklet with pictures and quotes from a talk by Joseph B Wirthlin, which can be found in the May ensign 1990.

I made the book and evaluated my project:
'I completed the project on the day I wanted, I read talks and the strength of youth booklet. I then made my booklet. Through this project I have been able to realise how important it is for me to have integrity in my daily life, because I want to be worthy to one day enter the temple. I hope that through the book I made I will always be able to remember this.'


 

Looking back at what I made it is still nice to look and remember how important it is for us as latter day saint young women to have integrity. To me this means always doing what's right, even when it's not the most popular thing to do and requires courage. I am glad I was a keen new young woman when I did this project because it is very nice to look back at what I made and always remember the value of integrity.

A link to this page has also been added to the Personal Progress Page for future reference

No comments:

Post a Comment